Now available as a book!

Reflections of a Vo...
By Tara Sleggs

Sunday, 23 August 2009

muddled mind...

For the last few months I feel like my brain has been going into meltdown mode. I find myself struggling to make the most simple decisions and often find finishing sentences a challenge. Writing this blog to say this is therefore proving quite difficult! It seems to be getting worse by the day. Instead of getting on with things I really need to do like sorting out my jabs (I know, I know I really must do that soon!) I'm spending hours picking things up and trying to decide ' chuck, charity or store' and find 'maybe' piles getting bigger and bigger. Maybe what? I'm not even sure! Why do I have all this stuff?! It is made even worse by the fact I have no idea where all my stuff is at the moment as I am living out of my car and have some things still in Southend, some in my parent's attic and some in my parent's spare room... hopefully I'll make head or tail of it soon. I am really looking forward to my new life in Ethiopia and feel quite relaxed about all the changes but I guess it must all be affecting me more than I think. I just hope my brain kicks back into gear when I get there or I'll be no use to anybody! I guess all this change is quite unsettling. Saying lots of goodbyes is also quite emotionally draining. I know I'll miss people but I am really looking forward to feeling settled again and making a new home for myself. Roll on September 12th...

No comments:

Post a Comment